It’s been an interesting couple of months in the drone policy space. The FAA began the prototype phase of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) beta program to enable near real-time use of controlled airspace. But as of yet, only a few companies and airports are able to take part in the tests. The Drone Advisory Committee (DAC) is suffering from in-fighting and dissent so badly that members are starting to become disillusioned. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee had some harsh critiques on the topic of inclusion and transparency. At the outset, it might be puzzling why a group of technologists and forward-thinking stakeholders can’t agree, but it’s not as opaque as you might think.
Stuart Fraenkel Executive Committee
Christian D. Searcy
- Federal Aviation Administration Clarifies Marijuana And CBD Policy For Pilots | Marijuana Moment
- Pilot removed from American Airlines jet about to fly from England to Philadelphia pleads guilty to drinking alcohol | PhillyVoice
- TSA workers still waiting for back pay, wary about another shutdown – The Washington Post
- $3M Plane Crash Verdict Against Continental Motors Upheld
- Governor signs amended HB 918 into law, jet fuel tax language removed | News | news-daily.com